Info On How Much is Paving A Driveway?
Everybody always wants to know “how much is paving a driveway?” or “what does it cost to pave my parking lot?”
So if you are looking to get a ballpark estimate on how much it will cost to pave driveway or parking we can help give you a good idea here.
1st of all please note that asphalt paving is substantially cheaper than concrete. Asphalt paving is close to 1/3 of the cost of concrete.
There Are 3 Or 4 Styles Of Paving:
1 – Rip Out The Old Driveway or Grass – Smooth Surface
We would install 6 inches of stone 2 inches of the binder, which is a binder course and 1 1/2 inch of the smooth stuff which is called the ID2 top. This ranges about $3.50 a square foot for everything.
2 – Ripping out old driveway and Hauling Away –
Installing a stone base the 3 inches of the ID2 top. This ranges around $2.50 a square foot
3 – Resurfacing Existing –
Basically, we would cut out in front of your garage. Then add 2 inches on top of your entire driveway. Then as we meet your garage we would use the cut out to bring it level with your garage. This costs about $1.50 per square foot.
How do you know if you can keep your existing driveway and just resurface or if you will need a tear out and start over?
If there are a lot of cracks or it is rutted out or there are dips in the driveway, that means the base is bad. We will then need to rip it out and install a new stone base to give a solid starting point.
We understand most people want the lowest cost or to at least have confidence you ate getting good value for the money your spending.
Once you believe we are giving you a good price you may consider additional add-ons such as:
- Berms around the edges – 4-6 inch berms are mainly for cosmetic reasons, sometimes to help channel water runoff. Of to put around flower beds. That runs $200-500 extra.
- We can also add storm drains in if necessary, although this is normally in a commercial application.
- If the driveway slopes toward the garage we will install a french drain. Or in some townships or boroughs, they may require you to control the water run off your property generates. And you may need to install a french drain before your driveway meets the road.
- For a french drain installed in front of a two car garage costs about $600-700. That includes the rip out with the drain installed, the whole 9 yards. The asphalt would be level with the drain and there will not be a bump.
- Basketball Court or Tennis Court – We would rip it all out, install stone and pave. This costs about $2.50 a square foot.
- We pave inside pole barns. Instead of doing concrete floors we do asphalt floors. We try to get our machines in the barn, but when we can not we will do the job by hand. We have special hand tools to allow us to do the job.
Yes there are variables
Of course, each job has its own set of variables that influence the price. Give us a call or use our contact form and we will be happy to get you a quote tailored to your exact needs. We hope you know understand “how much is paving a driveway?”.